Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Dallas



We got a new dog! I was reading the paper and I saw an ad in the classifieds for a Jack Russell terrier, 9 mos. old, neutered. So, I called the lady and she said that he's crated all day while they're at work and at night they don't have time to give him the attention that he needs because they have a 2 year old. I told her I'd talk it over with my husband and let her know. J was all excited and he named him Dallas. He went online and found Dallas Cowboy dog stuff - jersey, collar, leash, etc.

The next morning I brought him up to DH and he said he thought he might be allergic. Right after that, my friend called crying that her chihuahua got run over by the mailman the afternoon before. I told her about him since I didn't think we could get him. She talked to her DH and he wanted to wait awhile.

So, the next day DH calls me at work and tells me to call and we can go get him if he doesn't have a reaction. When I got home, literally as I was walking in the door, the phone rang and it was my friend telling me HER husband said they could get the dog. I was kind was disappointed but I figured maybe I was supposed to find this dog for her because of the timing.

Two days later, at 8:15 on a Saturday morning she calls me and tells me to come get the dog and how fast can I get there. So, J, Ad and I piled in the car and went to get him. They have a ton of acreage but nothing fenced in so he couldn't get the exercise he needed. Then, once he was back inside he had all this pent up energy and they weren't used to it.

We'd have him a couple of weeks now and we absolutely love him and couldn't imagine not having him in our lives. The old owner is thrilled that he's happy and that I'll be sending her pics and updated frequently about him.