When the social worker came out to visit Addy yesterday, we discussed Addy's new baby brother or sister that's due in June. DH and I still haven't come to a decision. It's so hard to make.
- house is too small - money is too tight - we're already stretched to the limit with 3 kids and 3 dogs
- are you kidding? Do you know what a blessing this is? Most people in the adoption process would kill to have this dilemma - there is no greater thing we can do for Addy than for her to grow up with her biological sibling - yes it will be hard for the first few years, but after that it will be so great that they're only 2 years apart. They can basically grow up together - money, time and space is always going to too tight...what's one more? There will never be enough time or money but there will always be "just enough" no matter what - if we say no, I will always have the question in my head did we do the right thing?
and then....the cons:
- baby will be placed with us as a foster child so there is always the chance we might lose the baby to the mother or another family member, no matter how small it's still there - getting another 6 weeks off from work. I'm afraid to even ask! Two maternity leaves in 4 months??!!! - will I have enough time to do everything? There are only 24 hours in a day and will DH and I end up burned out and the kids end up neglected in the process?
We have roughly 2 months to pray, argue, think and come to an answer. Any thoughts or opinions?