Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Monday, April 16, 2007
Addy's aunt
Addy's caseworker mails me pics of Addy's family whenever she can. I'm piecing her history and family together so that Addy will have it when she gets older.

On Friday, I got a packet of pictures of Addy's aunt with a note from Addy's sw that she's going to be the child of the week on TV for the adoption segment. She's only six years old and in kindergarten. She's in a wheelchair and has many medical conditions and developmental issues (I suspect she has FAS but I could be wrong). My heart broke. What are the chances that she's going to get adopted? I knew exactly who she was from reading Addy's file. Every time Child Protective Services was called for Addy's mother or siblings, it was documented. This poor girl suffered such severe neglect and the neighbors and school would always call about her. I'm glad to see that she was removed.

I'm so pissed at Addy's grandmother. She couldn't take care of all the kids that she had yet she just had another baby recently. That makes me sick. She's only in her 30's so she can keep producing for another decade potentially. Plus, now her children are having children and they're in foster care along with their mothers. I just want to go to her house and smack some sense into her and tell her to get her tubes tied.
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Heartbreaking isn't it??

Blogger Maggie said...
It is hard to understand. Whenever I get angry I try to understand where they came from and what environment they were raised in. I know Slugger's mom and dad did some awful things, but I luckily know enough about their histories that I can feel some empathy for them. On the other hand, Slugger isn't in my home yet. I may be singing a different tune in the future.

There is some (although very little) hope for the little one in the wheelchair being adopted. My parents got a little boy when he was 6... total care in a wheelchair. He never talked, had to almost force him to eat... he is now 12, was adopted two years ago by my parents and NEVER shuts up and is ALWAYS eating... :) It is so sad to hear about any kids in foster care, but especially ones in wheelchairs and with special needs. It is so hard to find good, loving homes for them. I will definately keep that little one in my prayers.

Blogger Chelley said...
That is just so sad.. Life doesnt seem to always make mych sence...