Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Yay! Visitation set!
I worried all morning because I never heard from the caseworker yesterday. She emailed me at work and it included a visitation schedule with the baby starting this Friday! After I got done crying, I emailed her back and she called me. She apologized for not calling me after the hearing yesterday but it lasted a long time so she never ended up going back to the office where my number was. She said it was rough, the foster mother put up a real stink but she said that they presented "an overwhelming amount of evidence" against her. The committee has 30 days to issue their written decision. Once that is made, her only option would be to take the case herself to family court. The caseworker said not to worry.

So! Visitation begins on Friday. I have her for a few hours in the morning. Saturday, same thing. No visit Sunday. Monday, all day. Tuesday, all day. No visits Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday, she gets dropped off at 1:00 for an overnight visit and gets picked up Saturday at 1:00. No visit Sunday. Monday 2/5 - she moves in!!!

I worked out next week with work. I'll work around her visits and use vacation time for the rest. Then my maternity leave officially starts 2/5 and I return to work on 3/19.

I stopped off after work tonight and bought her some wooden blocks because she loved playing and stacking at the museum. I got her 3 pairs of pajamas. I showed Jack the little pink camouflage pair that I got her for her sleepover next Friday night!

Friday, I pick her up at 8:45 at a neutral location and then a driver will pick her up at 12:30. The boys will be in school so I'll have some alone tme with her getting her used to the house and the dogs. My mother is coming over to meet her new granddaughter and my mother-in-law will be here. DH is trying to get out of work at 11:00 so he can see her, too. On Saturday, the boys will get to see her for the first time. I'm so excited for them.



I
5 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
The visitation plan sounds great. And it's awesome that your company is giving you time off.

Blogger Chelley said...
how exciting!!!

oh cant wait to hear how it goes!!!

hugz

oh and the ROOM LOOKS GREAT!

Have lots of fun getting to know your new daughter!!!! The 5th will be here before you know it and she will be moving in. I wasn't in a position to take maternity leave when we adopted our daughters. I wish I could have because we adopted them during the summer, but we couldn't afford it.

Blogger Megamom said...
So how did it go today? Did she like the house, the dog, her room?

Blogger Fostermama said...
I wanna know too! How did things go today?