Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Monday, January 08, 2007
What a mess
My trainer called. She got messages from Addy's caseworker and Addy's supervisor. Somehow they think I don't want the baby anymore after talking with the foster mother. In no way did I say that at all to the caseworker this morning. I just let her know that Hope's appointment was Monday and we might as well wait to see the outcome of that before we have this huge committee at my house for the baby. If Hope goes with the other family, I will take the baby. I did mostly because DH has the flu and we got nowhere getting the girl's room ready and I would rather have it done to show them.

I asked her why they are letting this lady take forever to make up her mind on Hope. This is ridiculous, she must know after 6 weeks if she wants the kid or not. She's is holding everything up. I just want this week over and for Monday to be done with so I know.

They won't show me a picture of Addy until after the presentation because they don't want us to get all fixated on the baby's pic and not listen or disgregard all the bad stuff just because we want the baby. I told her I've heard a ton of negative stuff about the baby and it hasn't turned me off to her yet so why would it now? She said I should ask Addy's worker when we set up the presentation meeting and maybe she'll bring one.

I told my trainer either child is fine with me. The 8 year old would make a better fit for our family but we would love to have the baby, too. I'm really sick of this - I want it done.
2 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
Well, that's crazy. Especially since you just spoke to Addy's caseworker. Now that your trainer has spoken to you I'm sure she'll get it all straightened around. Do you have Addy's case worker's email? Maybe you could just drop her a quick line to confirm your interest.

I understand the photo thing... I've heard that before. Something about the photos brings emotion into your decision. But, no matter how logical we try to be, a lot of this is based on feelings and emotion. And really, I don't know that it should be any other way.

Blogger Ahauna said...
No, I don't have her email. This whole thing just stinks that everyone is on hold for this woman who IMHO has had way too much time to make up her mind.

About the picture - it doesn't make sense since I have a seen a video of Hope. I've seen her talk, run, her expressions, her voice. Doesn't that make me biased toward to Hope since she's concrete in my mind and not some abstract vision of a child?
So I think it's only fair that I get at least a picture of the baby.