Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
It's so hard...
I took her pictures to work today and it's so hard to look at them and not to have her with me. She already has my heart and she is my daughter. Now I have to just be patient and wait until I can bring her home. I am so looking forward to having her 24 hours a day for my maternity leave, to help her establish the bond that I already have her and to attach.

Am I allowed to post pics of her? I wish I could show you all how precious she is. She is absolutely perfect. My little doll.

You know that poem by Maureen Hawkins- "Before you were born.."? That's exactly how I feel. I had to tweak it to fit adopting but the feelings were the same yesterday seeing her for the first time as they were on the days I gave birth to my sons.

Before you were conceived, I wanted you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
Before you were in my arms a minute, I would have died for you.
That is the miracle of life.
3 Comments:
Blogger Fostermama said...
If you know how to use a photo editing program (even Paint would work) you can edit her face -put a star over it or put fake sunglasses on her- to protect her privacy since she's still considered a foster child.

Blogger Maggie said...
You'll have her with you soon. Hang in there!

Blogger MOT said...
All the best to you and Addy! Her room looks beautiful! You will all be together soon.