Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Friday, January 19, 2007
First Meeting set
We're meeting her next Tuesday at 9:30! This is moving so fast. They're still checking to see if the 10 day notice to the foster mother applies or if she can be moved sooner. So, I'm going to have her next week or the week after for good.

This is all surreal to me. New Years Day I didn't even know she existed and now I may have her home for good before the month is over. I have her picture on my desk and I get teary-eyed every time I look at her. I can't even imagine seeing her in person next week and just holding her and hugging her. I feel almost too blessed. I'm crying like a baby just typing this.

Now DH doesn't know if he likes Addy. I'm still calling her that but we'll wait and see when we meet her.

I have to tell you the story about her real name. Poor baby. When the mother went to court, the judge asked her what she named the baby. She said she couldn't remember but knew that it began with a "blank" and that she got the name off a cookie box. The judge racked his brain trying to come up with a cookie that started with that certain letter and he picked one but got the name wrong. It's not even the one he was thinking of. Caseworker said absolutely, to change her name. Even the foster mother wasn't calling her that.
9 Comments:
Blogger Fostermama said...
For her age a quick transition is often better. The confusion of two caretakers for months can be crazy. Get as much info & pictures as you can now from the foster mother so you can fill in the gaps for her as she gets older.

Congratulations Mom!

Blogger Ahauna said...
Thank you! I hope I'll be allowed to take picturs of her on Tuesday.

Blogger Amanda said...
Wow, I cannot believe the name story. I mean, I can believe it but.. you know what I mean.

I agree with fostermama. No need to drag our transitions with her. Hope she's with you soon!

I agree, the quicker the better. Wow, I can only imagine how excited you are. I remember when I got the call that we were getting our girls.... I was extatic.... Talking about odd names, my daughter was named Jelluassy (pronounced jealousy)... and their brothers name was Atonatui.... no idea if that is even spelled right but it was pronounced (athine-a-thew). I can post their names because they have been adopted and neither of them have those names anymore. My other daughters name was Inez. Not as bad as Jelluassy but not a little girls name. I just can't imagine what some of these parents are thinking when they name their children (hopefully noone reading your blog has kids with those names). Both of my girls changed their entire names but we have thier birth names written on a page in their memory books (same as a life book, just in a big 3-ring binder). They were old enough that they will probably never forget it, but atleast that way, they definately won't forget it. Our girls names are very important to them. They write their names everywhere.... when they decided what they wanted ot change their names to, they asked us to please start calling them that immediately (there was a little over a month before they would be adopted). They adapted right away and never went back. I am sure once you hold her in your arms, you and DH will know exactly what name fits her best.

Congrats again!!!!

Blogger Ahauna said...
Misty,

Wow, those names are bad, too. I can't even get my head around the boy's name.

We're still going back and forth. I can't see her with any other name than Addy Faith but we'll see.

Does your husband have a name picked out that he likes? Maybe you could combine the two some how... Yes, those names are awful.

I don't know how you are holding it together. I would be going nuts waiting until Tuesday. Atleast we could see our girls everyday while we were waiting for them to be placed with us (they were placed with my parents in foster care). How long will you have to wait until the adoption is final (I know it varies depending on where you are). A piece of advice... if you get a letter from her case worker saying that you are adopting her and changing her name to_________ you should be able to register her at the daycare under her new name instead of her old name. Our girls school let us do that. That way she's not being called one name at daycare and another at home (assuming you will start calling her by her new name before her adoption).

Wow, my comments always end up so long... sorry. :)

Blogger Ahauna said...
I don't like any of the names he's picked out.

This is going to be a long weekend but I'm going to stay busy getting the house ready for her so when the time comes, I can spend all my time with her.

We have to wait 6 months before we can petition the court to adopt. I will definitely ask about changing it right away! Thanks.

Blogger "Ada" said...
How exciting for you guys--I bet this weekend is going to be one of the longest of your lives, waiting to see Addy Faith. :)

I'm betting that when you have her in your arms and you get to know her little personality, the perfect name will reveal itself. Personally I like Addy Faith, so I secretly hope it's the one. :)

Congratulations!