Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
We're Not Out Of the Running Yet!!!
Oh my gosh, I'm freaking out. My original trainer called, she got my message from a couple of weeks ago when we were in the matching stage with "Hope". She was out on military leave for 2 weeks.

The other family that the caseworker chose over us was a single woman. She had her presentation yesterday and did not accept Hope right away. She has major concerns that Hope has the older brother in his 20s. They are going to have another presentation with her in January.

I was disgusted. I told my trainer that I had told the coordinator that sent our homestudy that we would welcome the brother and that we saw it as a positive not a negative. She is going to call the caseworker to see what she can do and at the very least, if the woman decides not to accept, to have us be given first choice.

See, the psychic said she saw us not being the first choice but the other family backing out at the last minute! I can't believe it might actually be happening. It's too good to be true. I have looked at so many other kids and no one compares to my Hope. She looks like my daughter, she's everything I could hope for and more.

Pray for us, please!! I'm off to light a candle at www.gratefullness.org for us. I'll keep it lit until I hear otherwise.

It's too much to hope for. I just want to bust out crying again.