Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Four year old girl
I just talked to a social worker a little while ago. She called me on two AA sisters but both have been sexually abused and one acts out on it so it wasn't a match for us with a 6 y.o. in the house. I thanked her and told her to keep us in mind if anything else came up, that we were looking for 9 or under, open to race and all but the sex abuse acting out.

She said her co-worker is recruiting for a little 4 y.o. who has a TPR coming in January. She is the 7th child and all other 6 have been taken and adopted. She doesn't see any reason for TPR not to happen. She sounds reasonable with her issues and nothing too severe. She was failure to thrive and has an IEP for delays and has a minor issue that will require surgery. I think we can handle it all.

The social worker didn't know how many other families would be recruited for her but she said that once she has my homestudy she'll keep us in mind since we are open to race because there are a ton of young kids that come in all the time.

Yay! Both girls I've heard about today sound great. I'm optimistic that one of these times it will work out for us and we'll be chosen. I'm looking forward to 2007 and all the possibilites that are in store for us.