Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Monday, October 23, 2006
No go on shelter baby
It's a no go on the baby in the emergency shelter. Her parents are heroin addicts and they have agreed to rehab offered by the state. If/when they complete it, she will be returned to them. Until the next time...when she will be returned again or worse. The parents are in their 40s and it's not the first child they've had. Not for nothing, but what about the rights of the kids? How many chances to the parents get to screw up their lives and the lives of the kids?

This sucks. I was mentally making lists of emergency baby things to buy thinking I could possibly get her in the next day or two. When will it end?? If I wait for the system to find me kids, it will never happen. If I find them on my own, it never works out. I'm so discouraged, I could cry.
2 Comments:
Blogger Yeah So said...
I'm sorry this didn't work out. It is very sad that this child has many more years of hardship ahead of them when there is a loving couple waiting. It doesn't make any sense. All I can offer you is that your child is out there somewhere. You just have to follow the path until it's the right time for you to meet. I know it's discouraging. Hang in there.

Blogger Ahauna said...
Thanks, Stephanie. I know once I have my daughter in my arms, it will all be worth it. It's just torture getting there.