Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Thursday, September 28, 2006
not much of an update
Still no word on a date for the rescheduled court hearing.

I did learn that the foster mother wants to adopt her. That's understandable since she's had her since birth. The birth dad is absolutely set against it. I hope he has a say in it. If we can't adopt through foster care, I hope the judge will grant the dad custody and we can do a private adoption. I really need to know what's going on so I know whether to spend money on a private adoption lawyer. Sigh.

Just trying to sit tight and bide my time until I hear something. My adoption journey is just over 3½ months so far. Not too long in the scheme of things but 24 hour days go by awfully slow when you're counting the seconds.