Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Adoption party
I just knew somehow after getting that phone call yesterday that last night would be fruitless and it was. But that was fine because I didn't have any expectations going in to it so I wasn't disappointed at all. We just went and had a great time.

It was at a pumpkin farm. DH, B & J and I went. The waiting kids had a name tag with a blue border and adopted kids or kids of waiting families had just a white name tag. I was at a table looking at a photolisting book and ran into a couple that I went through training class with. I asked her if she found any kids here that she liked. She said yes, she found a boy and he was so polite and she was talking to him and he was nice and she really liked him. She said he had dark hair and a white shirt on. Then she said "Oh, there he is, walking with his arms folded". I looked and LOL, it was my older son! We had such a laugh over that. Of all the kids, she picks mine!

We went on a hayride, through a corn maze, J did the scavenger hunt and painted the pumpkin that he picked. Both boys climbed the rock wall, B got to the top and rang the bell but J barely got off the ground before he panicked. Then we went out for pizza after we left. It was a great time for the waiting kids to have fun and meet up with their friends.

I should've explained things a little better to J. He went to school and told everyone including the teacher that he was going to "pick out and adopt his sister tonight". I don't think he got the concept of what it was we were going to. I think he thought we would go and pick her out and bring her home and that would be it.