Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Presentation Book
Last night I started working on the presentation scrapbook. I couldn't really find anything online about this so I just kind of winged it. My thought is that the book will go like this:

book will have a page of each of these:

The **** Family with a pic of us and saying "we can't wait to meet you"

Family member pages - we'd each have our own page with our name and pic of us then I typed on the computer things that describe us or that we like such as "41 years old" "likes golf" "loves vide games" "nicknamed Buggabugga"

Dog pages - a page for each of the dogs in same format as above

2 family pages - one for mother-in-law who lives with us, one for my family, sister, nieces/nephews, etc.

House page - not sure if I'm just going to take a pic of the front of the house. I would do the rooms, too, but her bedroom isn't started yet

Backyard/pool - one pic for that

Then I made a page that I will add her photo to.

Then the rest of the pages will be left blank with a note like "to be continued" or something like that.

I'm very interested to hear from anyone who has already made one of these!

I'll post pics of the book as soon as it's finished.
2 Comments:
Blogger Living Life Happy said...
We adopted a baby girl 8 months ago, domestically. We had to do a scrapbook profile. We included a lot of what you did but also had our last Christmas before we received our baby, pictures of our wedding and honeymoon (ours was over 3 years ago so since you have been married longer might not be a good idea), dating pictures and things we liked to do while dating, travel pictures, 2 pages just on me and 2 pages just on my husband with our hobbies, friend pages with lots of faces all over two pages, both sides of the family pictures of now and then (baby pictures are great) and birthmom letter. Our birthmom said she went through many scrapbooks and she loved that she could tell we took time to do this scrapbook. Also my husband worked on it too. I would work on it, but I wouldn't paste anything on until we both agreed on it. It shows that you are both into parenting together. She was very happy that we did things together. We used a lot of pictures, stickers and such. It was very cheerful and bright. For out dog, we had her all over a page with pawprints. I hope you are doing a big scrapbook as our social worker said that is what they normally want to see. Above all else, there is a baby out there for you so be as honest as possible in your birthmom letter. You want her to pick you because it is the best thing for her and for the baby. Ours picked us because we both moved around a lot in our childhood and never wanted to do that again, we had a close family, dog and some of the same likes. She also was an art major so she said we had the best and most friendly looking scrapbook. Find stickers that relate to your hobbies for your individual pages and things like that. I know I am rambling, hahha, but we are still so high on life about our adoption. Feel free to contact me if you would like to talk more. The scrapbook was a lot of fun to do, stressful because we wanted to do it correctly but it all comes down to what God has planned for us in the long run.

Blogger Ahauna said...
Thanks for the suggestions, Melody. I'm surprised I couldn't find more online about what to put in them. I have to have it completed in a week and I'm only about 75% done. That was a great suggestion about the hobbies, wedding pics and travel pics. This is my first scrapbook and I can see it's going to be expensive and addicting! It's so fun and theraputic to do it, I can see why it's so popular.