Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Monday, August 28, 2006
No go...
I just talked to the girl's social worker. It's a no go. She described her as a very tough case - she was very severely sexually abused and is extremely traumatized as a result and is reactive on it to herself and others. They will not place her with us seeing as we have a 6 y.o. who would be in jeopardy.

I'm so sad for her. I just can't understand how a monster could do this to an innocent little angel. I thought she was the one.
3 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
It's hard. I've gotten information like that on more kids than I care to admit to. It's so terrible considering their issues aren't genetic or otherwise organic. These issues were thrust on these kids because of mistreatment.

The more profiles you look at the more you start to recognize the key words that indicate an issue. I'm becoming alarmingly good at it... it's a talent I wish I didn't have.

Blogger Maggie said...
Not that a genetic issue isn't terrible. That came out all wrong... I hope you know what I meant.

Blogger Ahauna said...
I know what you mean, it's not something they were born with...it's something that was done to them that made them this way.

In my heart, I knew that's what I was going to hear but I was hoping that I wouldn't. It's hard to believe someone can do that to a beautiful little angel like her.