Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Monday, July 31, 2006
Tooth Fairy

I got a call at work today from my younger ds who was SO excited that he lost his bottom tooth. He told me that he had it in a bowl. I told him we had to make sure we remember to put it under the pillow tonight.

An hour later, I get another call. He's hysterical and cries even harder when he hears me. Our dog, Katy, ate the tooth out of the bowl. Sigh. I tried to calm him down and told him we'd leave a note to let the tooth fairy know what happened. Here's the note that the Tooth Fairy is going to leave for him:


Dear J,


I got your letter about your dog, Katy, eating your tooth. I had a nice talk with her and she let me jump into her belly and get it out. I told her it’s not nice to eat other people’s teeth because I need to save them to give to all the babies who are being born.


I left you something extra special because you are always such a good boy and I saw how upset you were when your tooth was eaten.


See you again soon! Make sure you brush your teeth every morning and every night to keep them nice and white and clean!


Love,


The Tooth Fairy

1 Comments:
Blogger Margaret said...
He lost a tooth! That's a big deal. Sorry the dog ate it.

Last year, when my host child was here he lost a couple of teeth. I called around to find out what the tradition in Russia is. He appeared to know nothing about it -- he just wanted to throw his teeth in the garbage. He thought I was being really silly when I made him pose for a toothless picture and when I saved the teeth in an envelope.