Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Friday, June 23, 2006
Whew. First homestudy is over. I cleaned non-stop for hours, repainted my son's room, had the house perfect. We saw the car pull up and I told my son's friend to go out the back door and for my son to get the dogs in the backyard. We were all looking out the front but couldn't find her. She ended up coming in the back way. The sw had a skirt on and my girl dog went right up behind her and stuck her whole head up her skirt! Ugh!

I cleaned the house for nothing! She barely glanced around. We sat in the livingroom and talked for about an hour. I got all my paperwork, etc. We have to go to 9 classes between July and August. She was able to talk with the boys about their preferences and steered us away from adopting an older girl. She thinks one around my younger DS's age would be better - in the 5-7 range. She thinks a teenage girl would present too many problems for my teenage boy and the girl. I never thought of that, I just thought they would consider each other as siblings. But, I do see her point of view on this.

The best thing to come out of the meeting (besides my immaculate house!) was that when we were talking my older DS mentioned that he would rather have a boy his age. I mentioned that when we were doing the infertility treatments back in 1998, we started to look into adoption. There was a boy who was just a month younger as my son, they shared the same name, even looked like him. I was heartbroken that 8 years later, he is still in the system. The SW told us that we could become a visiting resource for him. It's a 6 month to 1 year commitment where he would spend day outings with us and share holidays. She's going to mail the application to us. (Hopefully, DH will fall in love with him and we can adopt him, too!). We'll see.

I have a few weeks until classes start. I just bought a new Kodak digital camera so I want to get some pictures of the boys in the pool and our house for the Lifebook.